I am Zhi Li, a psychologist and a coach based in Rotterdam and serve clients over the world. I listen to people and I support them to move into a life where they can thrive.
I provide my sessions in English, Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese.
I have a Master’s degree in Psychology at the Maastricht University. After I graduated in 2014, I went through a personal transition from a graduate student, to a social entrepreneur and finally a psychologist with private practice. As a psychologist, I have been receiving continuous education and supervision. Since 2019 I am also studying person-centered and solution-focused coaching at the ICCI International Coaching Diploma Course.
As a psychologist, I gained over 2,000 hours of experience in client work. I have been working with individuals with international backgrounds, especially students, young professionals, first and second generations of immigrants. Together with my clients we have worked on home-, study- or work-related issues, such as performance stress, study delay, finding meaning in work and life, and interpersonal issues (usually about finding friendship or dealing with parents).
I use modern, evidence-based approaches. They includes:
- Person-centered (humanistic) approach, Solution focused approach
- Schema-Focused Therapy (SFT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic approach, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
What I believe
From my personal and my professional experience, I believe that, in an accepting, non-judgmental, compassionate helping environment:
- we can look at what things are happening
- our feelings would be consoled
- our sense of self can be consolidated
- we gain wisdom from our own life experience
- we grow, and we increase our resilient (or mental flexibility)
If you want to work on a solution and are ready for taking courageous moves to change – becoming more aware of yourself and learning to better cope with difficult feelings – you have come to the right place.
- tiredness and exhaustion (feeling overwhelmed by all sorts of things)
- lost interest in everyday life
- anxiety or cannot stop thinking/worrying
- chronic feelings of emptiness
- enmeshment (feeling difficult or guilty to have your own choice, other than your parent’s)
- Feeling lost after relocation/migration (especially between East Asian and West)
- Feeling stuck after something happened in the past
I believe the “presenting problems” can be a ticket to a new territory of personal growth.
If you are interested, you can check with my service and fee, and you can contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org.